Saturday, September 19, 2015

agent orange

First of all, Richard never talked about Vietnam.  We were married for decades before he started to speak at all about it.  We did not know much about Agent Orange.  I dropped my High School chemistry class during week two.  After my A on the Periodic Table test, things went downhill fast.  I am not a chemist, but I have read everything I can get my hands on about Agent Orange.

When Richard slept in Vietnam, he usually found a little dry creek bed. He looked for place where it was lower,so he could sleep sitting up and kind of recline his back onto the side of the dirt.  His M-14 was always within reach. It was jungle and it rained. When he woke up in the morning, he would be sitting in 4 inches of water.  He slept where there was no vegetation. Why would there be a spot that had no vegetation in a jungle??  It had been sprayed with Agent Orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment